Doctor’s Best – DIGESTIVE ENZYMES – 90 Veggie Caps
90 VEGGIE CAPS
- Doctor’s Best Digestive Enzymes is a full-spectrum high potency digestive enzyme blend created to complement and support the body’s own digestive capacities.*
- Each capsule provides the body with enzymes designed to optimally aid the digestion of fats, proteins and carbohydrates present in cooked and raw food.*
- The formula provides the support of alpha- galactosidase and beta-glucanase to break down vegetables, beans and grains, and enzymes such as glucoamylase and invertase to assist with the digestion of carbohydrates.*
- In addition, this complete formula contains beneficial bacteria to uniquely promote optimal intestinal health.
- Non-GMO/ Gluten Free/ Vegetarian
What is Doctor’s Best Digestive Enzymes?
Doctor’s Best Digestive Enzymes is a full-spectrum high potency digestive enzyme blend created to complement and support the body’s own digestive capacities. Each capsule provides the body with enzymes designed to optimally aid the digestion of fats, proteins and carbohydrates present in cooked and raw food.* The formula provides the support of alpha- galactosidase and beta-glucanase to break down vegetables, beans and grains, and enzymes such as glucoamylase and invertase to assist with the digestion of carbohydrates.* In addition, this complete formula contains beneficial bacteria to uniquely promote optimal intestinal health.
How does it work?
Digestive enzymes are produced by the pancreas and secreted into the duodenum (upper small intestine) where proteins, carbohydrates, and fats are broken down prior to absorption. The body’s capacity to produce enzymes may decline with age. Moreover, stress and other unhealthy lifestyle factors may impact enzyme production. Supplementation with the enzymes in Best Digestive Enzymes supports replenishment of the body’s enzyme levels, promoting healthy digestion and delivery of vital nutrients to the body. Maintenance of healthy digestion not only helps with occasional gastrointestinal discomfort, but also supports the very integrity of the intestinal mucosa. Additionally, enzymes may enhance healthy bacterial balance in the bowel by lessening the accumulation of undigested foods in the large intestine.
Why should I take Doctor’s Best Digestive Enzymes?
Doctor’s Best Digestive Enzymes offers a complete set of enzymes to support your body’s digestion of carbohydrates, fiber, protein and fats. This is a comprehensive set of enzymes that include: Support for Carbohydrate and Fiber Digestion
• Alpha-galactosidase – An enzyme that facilitates the breakdown of carbohydrates such as raffinose and stachyose. This enzyme is especially helpful in supporting the digestion of raw vegetables and beans.
• Amylase – This enzyme functions to break down carbohydrates such as starch and glycogen, a storage form of glucose. • Beta-glucanase – An important enzyme that facilitates the digestion of beta-linked glucose bonds associated with whole grains such as barley, oats and wheat.
• Cellulase – This enzyme helps free the nutrients found in both fruits and vegetables by breaking down cellulose, a plant fiber.
• Glucoamylase – This enzyme complements the function of hemicellulase by breaking down polysaccharides from plants.
• Hemicellulase – This enzyme assists in the breakdown of carbohydrates and is most useful for enhancing the efficiency of polysaccharide digestion from plant foods.
• Invertase – This enzyme facilitates the breakdown of carbohydrates and is especially effective at helping to digest sucrose, common table sugar.
• Lactase – This enzyme is necessary for the proper utilization and digestion of lactose, the predominant sugar found in milk and other dairy products.
• Phytase – This enzyme breaks down plant carbohydrates and is especially helpful at breaking down phytic acid found in leafy vegetables. Because this enzyme breaks down phytic acid, it frees the minerals in plants and aids in their absorption.
• Xylanase – This enzyme is a sub-type of hemicellulase and functions to break down soluble fiber from food sources. Support for Protein Digestion
• Bromelain – An enzyme that is derived from pineapple, this nutrient also facilitates the digestion of proteins. Bromelain has also been associated with a wide range of diverse health benefits of its own.
• Papain – This enzyme is derived from papaya and serves to enhance the digestion of proteins, facilitating nutrient absorption.
• Protease – This enzyme supports the digestion of protein, breaking them into absorbable units of amino acids, the building blocks for the body’s regenerative purposes. Support for Fat Digestion
• Lipase – The main enzyme that functions to break down lipids and improve fat utilization. In this capacity, it supports the function of the gall bladder.
Beneficial Micro-Organisms Bacillus subtilis – Supplementing with this important probiotic organism promotes a healthy bacterial balance in the intestines. Probiotic organisms have been researched for their ability to support healthy immune function, efficient digestion and the general health and well-being of the digestive tract.
What is the invertase derived from?
Invertase that is used in Doctor’s Best Digestive Enzymes, is derived from an enzyme Saccharomyces (a type of yeast).
Is Doctor’s Best Digestive Enzymes plant based?
Yes, it is plant based, not synthetic.
What is the country of origin for Doctor’s Best products?
Doctor’s Best products are quality tested and manufactured in the United States using highly qualified cGMP manufacturers and raw material ingredients. Doctor’s Best sources raw materials from around the world and ingredients are subject to the intense testing and verification regardless of geography of origin.